Friday, November 12, 2010

Keep going until you run out of cake!

Sometimes we feel like we did everything we could, and yet we failed. Well I'm here to say, keep trying!

Yesterday I had a job interview at Forever 21. It was my very FIRST interview and I was so nervous. I wasn't qualified at all, and I'm sure someone else was a lot more qualified then I since i have NO retail experience. So why should they hire me? Because I can help create a positive shopping environment for the customers since i'm always happy and always smiling. Although I was scared and nervous, I didn't walk in there with nervousness but instead, i walked in there with resoluteness. I wanted this job! And I was going to do what I could to get this job. I know I'd be a good addition to the company. So when I was being interviewed, instead of lying and bullshitting my way through like most people do, i spoke the truth. I made him laugh, I laughed, and he had fun just interviewing me. And i had fun answering questions. 

Even if I don't get the job, I know I gave it all I had. It's not my fault I wasn't qualified. Most places won't hire you unless you've had previous retail experience, thing is... where do they expect you to start if everyone bases it on experience? But you know what, I won't give up. I'll go fill out another application for maybe H&M, and any store I can possibly think of until one store hires me. 

This doesn't mean just about jobs. This is about anything. Maybe you got a bad grade on an exam, well study harder, and keep trying to do better! Maybe you're having a hard time doing this or that, Keep trying! Sometimes you just have to keep trying and trying. You may fall, you may fail, but don't let that keep you down! Get back out there, and fight for what you deserve!

Keep trying until you've applied to every store known to man. Keep trying until you get what you want! You may keep falling, but keep getting back up! Keep going until you run out of cake!

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."

get those feet back on the ground, 
~*Lina*~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...