Monday, September 5, 2011

The good ol' days

About a year ago... I was a cheerleader....
Yep that's me on the right hand side of the picture. see how happy I was?

Even in this picture I was super super happy! 
Can you find me?!

Sometimes, the things we find the greatest joy in, disappear and are gone. For me, it was cheerleading. I loved being a cheerleader, i truly did, and I had a lot of fun, though it was also a lot of work. Unfortunately, cheerleading is one of the things I no longer do.

I truly believe that things happen for a reason though. Maybe bad things would have happened if I was still a cheerleader, maybe some people hated my guts, maybe something else, i don't know what the reason because I have yet to figure that out.

I thought I'd never be that happy again as I am in the picture above. I felt like everything was taken away from me, everything I worked hard for. But today, looking back at these pictures, I see that today, I am happy. Sure my life isn't perfect, but I've found other things I like to do, I've set new goals for myself. Because you know what, things happen, and although it hurts, the sooner you realize you'll be okay and the sooner you put a smile back on your face, then the sooner your life will fall back into place. Maybe it won't be the place you want or the place you imagined. But it'll be a place that will open many new doors for you with many more opportunities. 

Here's to living our lives with smiles along the way, 
xoxo, Lina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...